Ministry of Telecommunication and technology
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Civil Service Strengthening Project – (CSSP)
Assignment: Talent Management Program
The Somaliland Civil Service Strengthening Project (SCSSP) is an Investment Project Financing (IPF) with an element of result-based financing. The TMP will provide targeted MDA with a cadre of managerial and professional staff to strengthen core functional capacities. Expected outcomes from the TMP are first, improved leadership and management in the civil service; second, the formulation of key government strategies, policies, and regulations; third, improved HRM and organization design capabilities; and fourth, the development of basic functionalities in the areas of M&E and project oversight.
An important feature of the program is that it will be linked to ministry reform efforts: access to the TMP will depend upon the achievement of key reform benchmarks in the reorganization process. These access criteria are identical with the DLI indicators for the disbursement of the results-based financing portion.
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR TELECOMMUNICATIONS EXPERT
|1. Job Title||Telecommunication expert|
|2. Department||Telecom Department|
|3. Assignment Location||Hargeisa, Ministry of Telecommunication and technology|
|4. Grade Level||Stream A, Level 4, Step 1|
|5. Reporting To||Director of Telecom|
|6. Supervisory Responsibility||Telecommunication Expert will be responsible for the creation and maintaining of systems in the ministry|
|7. Job Purpose||Telecommunication Expert is expected to construct, install, monitor, repair and maintain communications systems and equipment|
9. Duties and Responsibilities
|Telecommunication Expert will be responsible for:-
· Suggest allocation of frequency bands to the various radio services for specific use, and spectrum use or uses that would best serve the public and government interest. Assess requirement of services for radio frequencies, efficiency of the radio standard in comparison with ITU RR and ITU-R recommendations, and equipment requirement of services for radio frequencies and also consider government requirements for security, aeronautical, maritime, and science services, and service compatibilities
· Support Plans network installations by studying technical specifications; preparing an installation schematic.
· Support in Establishing voice and data networks by programming features; establishing interfaces and integrations; following industry standards; activating remote access tools.
· Help MICT in verifying service by testing and re-programming circuits, equipment, and alarms; identifying and correcting problems; conferring with engineers.
· Support Documents network by recording configuration diagrams and programming.
· Help in Maintaining network by troubleshooting and repairing outages; testing network back-up procedures; updating documentation.
· Help in maintaining customer rapport by listening to and resolving concerns; answering questions.
· Maintains safe work environment by following standards and policies.
· Support department of telecommunication in
· Updating job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
· Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
|10. Deliverables||Telecommunications expert will be responsible for the following deliverables:-
· Quarterly progress reports
|11. Education||· Bachelor’s Degree in Telecommunications Technology, Computer Science or Electrical Engineering, field Electronics
· a masters degree in a relevant field would be an advantage
|12. Experience||3-5 years related experience|
|13. Skills Mix Requirements||· Ability to write clean, well-documented code
· Excellent complex problem solving and critical thinking skills
· Solid troubleshooting and communication skills
· Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking abilities
· Analysis of user requirement and translating to applications performing the specified requirements
· Experience working on a variety of software development projects.
· writing documentation and operating manuals
· Report writing
· Monitoring and evaluation
· Excellent oral and written English and Somali languages
|14: Competency Requirements||· Prepares plans with clear short and long term objectives
· Focuses on outcomes
· Involves people in decision- making
· Communicates effectively
· Thinks strategically
· Gives objective advice based on sound analysis
· Functions effectively in a team of professionals
The Civil Service Commission now invites interested candidates to submit CSC Application Form (in Somali), application letters along with CVs and copies of their certificates/credentials by Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy to email@example.com
Deadline for the submission is Monday, 23/11/2020 at 3:00pm local time.
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
For further information and enquiries, please contact the above email or visit the CSC Office during the working hours.