Ministry of Telecommunication and technology
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Civil Service Strengthening Project – (CSSP)
Assignment: Talent Management Program
The Somaliland Civil Service Strengthening Project (SCSSP) is an Investment Project Financing (IPF) with an element of result-based financing. The TMP will provide targeted MDA with a cadre of managerial and professional staff to strengthen core functional capacities. Expected outcomes from the TMP are first, improved leadership and management in the civil service; second, the formulation of key government strategies, policies, and regulations; third, improved HRM and organization design capabilities; and fourth, the development of basic functionalities in the areas of M&E and project oversight.
An important feature of the program is that it will be linked to ministry reform efforts: access to the TMP will depend upon the achievement of key reform benchmarks in the reorganization process. These access criteria are identical with the DLI indicators for the disbursement of the results-based financing portion.
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR SYSTEM DEVELOPER SPECIALIST
|1. Job Title||System Developer Specialist|
|2. Department||ICT department|
|3. Assignment Location||Hargeisa, Ministry of Telecommunication and technology|
|4. Grade Level||Stream A, Level 5, Step 1|
|5. Reporting To||Director of ICT|
|6. Supervisory Responsibility||System Developer Specialist will be responsible for the creation and maintaining of systems in the ministry|
|7. Job Purpose||System Developer Specialist will be the technical expert in creation of new System and maintain and debug existing ones.|
|8. Objectives of the Job||This specialty covers the design, development, installation, implementation, modification, and support of new or existing applications software. Functions may include analyzing functional and systems requirements, developing application and database architecture and design, writing code, validating data acquisition and output media/formats, designing user interfaces, developing and maintaining websites, interactive applications, working with users to test, debug, and troubleshoot applications, assuring software and systems quality and functionality, integrating hardware and software components, writing and maintaining program documentation, evaluating new and improved software applications and programming technologies, and ensuring the rigorous application of information security/information assurance policies, principles, and practices.|
9. Duties and Responsibilities
|System Developer specialist will be responsible for:-
· Confer with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design system and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
· Modify existing software to correct errors, allow it to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance.
· Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
· Consult with customers about software system design and maintenance.
· Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure specifications are met.
|10. Deliverables||Systems Developer will be responsible for the following deliverables:-
· Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
· Develop and direct software system testing and validation procedures, programming, and documentation.
· Analyze information to determine, recommend, and plan computer specifications and layouts, and peripheral equipment modifications.
· Supervise the work of programmers, technologists and technicians and other engineering and scientific personnel.
· Obtain and evaluate information on factors such as reporting formats required, costs, and security needs to determine hardware configuration.
· Determine system performance standards.
· Train users to use new or modified equipment.
· Store, retrieve, and manipulate data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements.
· Specify power supply requirements and configuration.
|11. Education||· Masters degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or related fields is essential.
· 10 years of experience is developing systems
· Proficiency in troubleshooting software issues and debugging a large codebase. Outstanding all-round communication skills and ability to work collaboratively.
|12. Experience||· 10 years of experience is developing systems|
|13. Skills Mix Requirements||· Understanding of object-oriented software engineering
· Track record of successful systems
· Ability to write clean, well-documented code
· Excellent complex problem solving and critical thinking skills
· Solid troubleshooting and communication skills
· Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking abilities
· Analysis of user requirement and translating to applications performing the specified requirements
· Experience working on a variety of software development projects.
· writing documentation and operating manuals
· Report writing
· Monitoring and evaluation
· Excellent oral and written English and Somali languages
|14: Competency Requirements||· Prepares plans with clear short and long term objectives
· Focuses on outcomes
· Involves people in decision- making
· Communicates effectively
· Thinks strategically
· Gives objective advice based on sound analysis
· Functions effectively in a team of professionals
The Civil Service Commission now invites interested candidates to submit CSC Application Form (in Somali), application letters along with CVs and copies of their certificates/credentials by Email to: email@example.com and copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for the submission is Monday, 23/11/2020 at 3:00pm local time.
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
For further information and enquiries, please contact the above email or visit the CSC Office during the working hours.