Ministry of Foreign Affairs and international cooperation
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Civil Service Strengthening Project – (CSSP)
Assignment: Talent Management Program
The Somaliland Civil Service Strengthening Project (SCSSP) is an Investment Project Financing (IPF) with an element of result-based financing. The TMP will provide targeted MDA with a cadre of managerial and professional staff to strengthen core functional capacities. Expected outcomes from the TMP are first, improved leadership and management in the civil service; second, the formulation of key government strategies, policies, and regulations; third, improved HRM and organization design capabilities; and fourth, the development of basic functionalities in the areas of M&E and project oversight.
An important feature of the program is that it will be linked to ministry reform efforts: access to the TMP will depend upon the achievement of key reform benchmarks in the reorganization process. These access criteria are identical with the DLI indicators for the disbursement of the results-based financing portion.
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR HEAD OF TRADE AND INVESTMENT SECTION
|1. Job Title||Head of Trade and Investment|
|2. Department||International Cooperation|
|3. Assignment Location||Hargeisa, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and international cooperation|
|4. Grade Level||Stream A, Level 3, Step 1|
|5. Reporting To||Director of International Cooperation Department|
|6. Supervisory Responsibility||Head of Trade Investment and will be directly responsible for the supervision of the unit heads and officers|
|7. Job Purpose||Head of Trade and Investment is the functional head of the Section. He/ she is responsible for the overall technical, administrative and management of the Section. The incumbent is a career senior civil servant appointed through a competitive process and is responsible for providing leadership and vision for achieving goals of the Section. He/ She shall be responsible for providing technical and professional support to the Director.|
|8. Objectives of the Job||· Provide effective leadership, enabling the Section to improve performance of its functions and achieve set results
· Provide accurate and timely reporting on progress of implementation of policies, strategies and programs
|9. Duties and Responsibilities||Head of Trade and Investment will be responsible for:
· Raise profile of Somaliland as trade and investment destination for international businesses.
· Engage directly with international companies who have expressed interest in exploring commercial opportunities in Somaliland
· Build a network of public and private sector stakeholders to understand key economic / business priorities and developments in order to build a pipeline of project opportunities; identify potential local partners for international companies.
· Prepare local market briefs, economic sector reports and competitor analysis to encourage and support International company’s commercial interests in Somaliland
· Contribute to development of country, sector and Africa-wide business plans
· Co-ordinate planning and logistics of inward missions of International businesses to Somaliland whilst highlighting government agencies and industries with potential to yield high value information and contacts
· Support planning and co-ordination of VIP visits to
· Plan and co-ordinate networking events
· Identify and record market access barriers that International companies encounter whilst conducting or exploring business in Somaliland. Develop as well as deliver appropriate resolution strategies
|10. Deliverables||The Head of Trade and Investment will be responsible for the production of the following deliverables:
· 5 years’ strategic plan for the section.
· implement targeted programmes and projects to support investment promotion and trade promotion agencies
· produce Guidelines and procedures manual for trade and investment
· prepare economic sector reports and competitor analysis
· Capacity-building programs
· Annual work plans in collaboration with heads of units
· Monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports for the section
|11. Education||· A minimum of 1st Degree in Economics, Business studies or international relations or related discipline from a recognized University or equivalent professional qualification
· A Master’s Degree in Economic or Business discipline will be an advantage
|12. Experience||Five years’ experience, three (3) of which must have been at the senior management level in the public service|
|13. Skills Mix Requirements||· Knowledge of ICT systems development and various software application
· Strategic planning and benchmarking
· Blend of analytical, observational, organizational and networking skills
· Problem- solving techniques
· Team building and management
· Report writing
· Monitoring and evaluation
· Excellent oral and written English and Somali languages
|14: Competency Requirements||· Prepares plans with clear short and long term objectives
· Focuses on outcomes
· Involves people in decision- making
· Communicates effectively
· Thinks strategically
· Gives objective advice based on sound analysis
· Functions effectively in a team of professionals
The Civil Service Commission now invites interested candidates to submit CSC Application Form (in Somali), application letters along with CVs and copies of their certificates/credentials by Email to: email@example.com and copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for the submission is Monday, 23/11/2020 at 3:00pm local time.
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
For further information and enquiries, please contact the above email or visit the CSC Office during the working hours.