Ministry of Defence
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Civil Service Strengthening Project – (CSSP)
Assignment: Talent Management Program
The Somaliland Civil Service Strengthening Project (SCSSP) is an Investment Project Financing (IPF) with an element of result-based financing. The TMP will provide targeted MDA with a cadre of managerial and professional staff to strengthen core functional capacities. Expected outcomes from the TMP are first, improved leadership and management in the civil service; second, the formulation of key government strategies, policies, and regulations; third, improved HRM and organization design capabilities; and fourth, the development of basic functionalities in the areas of M&E and project oversight.
An important feature of the program is that it will be linked to ministry reform efforts: access to the TMP will depend upon the achievement of key reform benchmarks in the reorganization process. These access criteria are identical with the DLI indicators for the disbursement of the results-based financing portion.
JOB DESCRIPTION: HEAD OF STAFF PERFORMANCE AND APPRAISAL
|1. Job Title||Head of Staff Performance and Appraisal|
|2. Department||Human Resources|
|3. Assignment Location||Hargeisa, Ministry of Defence (MoD)|
|4. Grade Level||Stream A, Level 3, Step1|
|5. Reporting To||Director of Human Resources|
|6. Supervisory Responsibility||The Head of Staff Management is responsible for the supervision of all staff in the section.|
|7. Job Purpose
|Head of Staff Performance and Appraisal is the functional Head of the Section and responsible for its performance in the management of MoD staff. He/she shall provide professional support to the Director of Human Resources.|
|8. Job Objectives||· To effective and efficient management of MoD staff so that they and their departments can fulfil their responsibilities.|
|9. Duties and Responsibilities||Head of Staff Performance and Appraisal will be responsible for:
· Arranging the appointment, reception, transfer, promotion and reward of staff.
· Developing and implementing MoD’s performance management and staff appraisal systems, to include appropriate policies, direction and plans.
· Provision of advice to directors and all personnel on staff employment and performance, using appraisal training, discipline and other staff records.
· Developing and reviewing HR policies and strategies to support improved staff performance, motivation and retention.
|10. Deliverables||The Head of Staff Management will be responsible for the following deliverables: –
· The appointment, reception, transfer, promotion and reward of staff.
· MoD’s performance management and staff appraisal systems.
· Advice to directors and all personnel on staff employment and performance.
· HR policies and strategies to support improved staff performance, motivation and retention
|11. Education||· A minimum of 1st Degree in Human Resources or related discipline from a recognized University or equivalent professional qualification
· A Master’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related discipline will be an advantage
|12. Experience||Seven years’ experience, four (4) of which must have been in personnel management.|
|13. Skills Mix Requirements||· HR or personnel management.
· Counselling or dispute resolution.
· Personal communication skills.
· ICT skills
· Report writing
· Excellent oral and written Somali language
|14: Competency Requirements||· Demonstrates commitment to the efficient and effective management of staff.
· Communicates effectively and sensitively on personnel issues.
· Shows discretion and integrity in dealing with staff and sensitive issues.
· Understands the importance of human resources management in achieving the goals of the MoD.
· Functions effectively in a team of professionals in finance and administration and across the MoD.
The Civil Service Commission now invites interested candidates to submit CSC Application Form (in Somali), application letters along with CVs and copies of their certificates/credentials by Email to: email@example.com and copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for the submission is Monday, 23/11/2020 at 3:00pm local time.
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
For further information and enquiries, please contact the above email or visit the CSC Office during the working hours.