Ministry of Employment, Social and Family Affairs
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Civil Service Strengthening Project – (CSSP)
Assignment: Talent Management Program
The Somaliland Civil Service Strengthening Project (SCSSP) is an Investment Project Financing (IPF) with an element of result-based financing. The TMP will provide targeted MDA with a cadre of managerial and professional staff to strengthen core functional capacities. Expected outcomes from the TMP are first, improved leadership and management in the civil service; second, the formulation of key government strategies, policies, and regulations; third, improved HRM and organization design capabilities; and fourth, the development of basic functionalities in the areas of M&E and project oversight.
An important feature of the program is that it will be linked to ministry reform efforts: access to the TMP will depend upon the achievement of key reform benchmarks in the reorganization process. These access criteria are identical with the DLI indicators for the disbursement of the results-based financing portion.
|1. Job Title||Head of Performance Management|
|2. Department||Director of Human Resource|
|3. Assignment Location||Hargeisa, Ministry of Employment, Social and Family Affairs|
|4. Grade Level||Stream A, Level 3 Deputy Director|
|5. Reporting To||The Director, Department of Human Resource|
|6. Supervisory Responsibility||The Head of Performance Management Section will be directly responsible for the supervision of the unit heads and officers|
|7. Job Purpose||The Deputy Director, Human Resource Management is the functional head of the Section. He/ she is responsible for the overall technical, administrative and management of the Section. The incumbent is a career senior civil servant appointed through a competitive process and is responsible for providing leadership and vision for achieving goals of the Section. He/ She shall be responsible for providing technical and professional support to the Director.|
|8. Objectives of the Job||· Provide effective leadership, enabling the Section to improve performance of its functions and achieve set results
· Provide accurate and timely reporting on progress of implementation of policies, strategies and programs
|9. Duties and Responsibilities||The Head of Performance Management will be responsible for:
· Preparing 5 years strategic plan for the section
· To coordinate the preparation of annual plans and budgets for the section
· Developing, reviewing and updating human resource management policies and procedures and ensure they are effective, efficient, fair and transparent
· Developing, reviewing and or updating human resource policies and procedures for recruitment and management of MESFA staff
· Ensuring a complete orientation package is in place and that all staff are oriented on time
· Assessing staffing needs as required. Identify and recruit new and replacement staff including scheduling of contract extensions, new contracts, and necessary terminations in collaboration with CSC
· Ensuring pertinent organograms, contact lists, and information flow lines are constantly updated and widely shared.
· Ensuring operational plans and budgets include a plan for human resources management
· Ensuring that security measures are practiced and enforced to maintain as possible a safe and secure working/ living environment for staff
· Ensuring all staff understands individual and collective responsibilities for safety and security.
|10. Deliverables||The Head of Performance Management will be responsible for the production of the following deliverables:
· 5 years strategic plan for the section
· Human resource management policies and procedures manual
· Revised policies and procedures for recruitment and management
· Staff orientation guidelines and programmes
· Reports on staffing needs
· Staff re-deployment programme
· Reports on updates organograms and contact lists
· Operational plans and budgets for human resources management
· Guidelines on security measures and enforced
· Guidelines on staff compliance on collective responsibilities for safety and security.
· Annual work plans in collaboration with heads of units
· Monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports for the section
|11. Education||· A minimum of 1st Degree in Human Resource Management or related discipline from a recognized University or equivalent professional qualification
· A Master’s Degree in Human Resource Development will be an advantage
|12. Experience||Five years’ experience, three (3) of which must have been at the senior management level in the public service|
|13. Skills Mix Requirements||· Knowledge of ICT systems development and various software application
· Strategic planning and benchmarking
· Blend of analytical, observational, organizational and networking skills
· Problem- solving techniques
· Team building and management
· ICT skills
· Report writing
· Monitoring and evaluation
· Excellent oral and written English and Somali languages
|14: Competency Requirements||· Prepares plans with clear short and long term objectives
· Focuses on outcomes
· Involves people in decision- making
· Communicates effectively
· Thinks strategically
· Gives objective advice based on sound analysis
· Functions effectively in a team of professionals
The Civil Service Commission now invites interested candidates to submit CSC Application Form (in Somali), application letters along with CVs and copies of their certificates/credentials by Email to: email@example.com and copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for the submission is Monday, 23/11/2020 at 3:00pm local time.
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
For further information and enquiries, please contact the above email or visit the CSC Office during the working hours.