Civil Service Commission
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Civil Service Strengthening Project – (CSSP)
Assignment: Talent Management Program
The Somaliland Civil Service Strengthening Project (SCSSP) is an Investment Project Financing (IPF) with an element of result-based financing. The TMP will provide targeted MDA with a cadre of managerial and professional staff to strengthen core functional capacities. Expected outcomes from the TMP are first, improved leadership and management in the civil service; second, the formulation of key government strategies, policies, and regulations; third, improved HRM and organization design capabilities; and fourth, the development of basic functionalities in the areas of M&E and project oversight.
An important feature of the program is that it will be linked to ministry reform efforts: access to the TMP will depend upon the achievement of key reform benchmarks in the reorganization process. These access criteria are identical with the DLI indicators for the disbursement of the results-based financing portion.
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR HEAD OF INFORMATION COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICT)
|1. Job Title||Head of Information Communication Technology (ICT)|
|3. Assignment Location||Hargeisa, CSC|
|4. Grade Level||Stream A, Level 3, Step 1|
|5. Reporting To||Director OF Pension|
|6. Supervisory Responsibility||Head of ICT will be responsible for the ICT aspect of the pensions department|
|7. Job Purpose||The head Information and Technology is the functional head of ICT Department. He/ she is responsible for the overall technical, administrative and management of the section. The incumbent is a career senior civil servant appointed through a competitive process and is responsible for providing leadership and vision for achieving goals of the IT Section. He/ She shall be responsible for providing technical and professional support to the Director of pensions|
|8. Objectives of the Job||
· Provide effective leadership, enabling the Department to improve performance of its functions and achieve set results
· Coordinating the development and implementation of Information and Technology
9. Duties and Responsibilities
|The Head of Information and Technology will be responsible for:-
· Preparing the ICT annual work plan and budget in line with the Department strategic plan and budget
· Identify the ICT needs of the CIM beneficiary Ministries, Agencies and Departments in consultation with other staff, communicating with users to formulate and produce a requirements specification to create system and software solutions.
· Develop and manage a database covering overall business operations and activities of the assigned institutions.
· Ensuring that CSC systems are compatible with and other civil service IT applications;
· Create, maintain and manage technical quality assurance processes and procedures to assess efficiency, validity, value and functional performance of computer systems and environments.
· Ensuring adherence to accredited internal and external industry quality standards and regulations.
· Analyzing information needs and specifying technology to meet those needs;
· Formulating and directing information and communication technology strategies, policies and plans;
· Directing the selection and installation of ICT resources and the provision of user training;
· Setting priorities between system developments, maintenance and operations overseeing the security of ICT systems;
· Preparing purchase orders, monitoring supply sources and negotiating contracts with suppliers.
· Provide on the job training, coaching and mentoring for PCS staff to manage all ICT procedures.
· Provide ICT advice and support to CSC management.
· Ensure optimal database and system integrity, security, backup, reliability and performance.
· Perform the operational establishment and preventive maintenance of backups, recovery procedures, and enforcing security and integrity controls
· Implementing and administering database documentation, guidelines, policies and procedures.
· Testing database systems and upgrades, such as debugging, tracking, reproduction, logging and resolving all identified problems, according to approved quality.
· Monitoring the implementation of the ICT annual plan and budgets
· Preparing quarterly progress reports
|10. Deliverables||The Head of Information and Technology will be responsible for the following deliverables:-
· ICT annual work plan and budget
· ICT needs of the CIM beneficiary Ministries, Agencies and Departments
· Database covering overall business operations and activities
· CSC ICT systems compatible with and other civil service IT applications;
· Technical quality assurance processes and procedures reports
· Accredited internal and external industry quality standards and regulations.
· Report on ICT needs and required ICT applications ;
· ICT policies and strategies ;
· ICT resources and the provision of user training manual
· ICT maintenance reports
· ICT security systems
· ICT purchase orders, negotiation reports and contracts.
· On the job training, coaching and mentoring programmes.
· Database and system integrity, security, backup, reliability and performance reports
· Guidelines on preventive maintenance of backups, recovery procedures and enforcing security and integrity controls
· Database systems and upgrades,
· Monitoring and evaluation reports
Quarterly progress reports
|11. Education||A minimum of Master Degree in Information, Communication and Technology or related discipline from a recognized University or equivalent professional qualification|
|12. Experience||Five years’ experience, three (3) of which must have been at the senior management level in the public service|
|13. Skills Mix Requirements||· Knowledge of ICT systems development and various software application
· Strategic planning and benchmarking
· Blend of analytical, observational, organizational and networking skills
· Problem- solving techniques
· Team building and management
· ICT skills
· Report writing
· Monitoring and evaluation
· Excellent oral and written English and Somali languages
|14: Competency Requirements||· Prepares plans with clear short and long term objectives
· Focuses on outcomes
· Involves people in decision- making
· Communicates effectively
· Thinks strategically
· Gives objective advice based on sound analysis
· Functions effectively in a team of professionals
The Civil Service Commission now invites interested candidates to submit CSC Application Form (in Somali), application letters along with CVs and copies of their certificates/credentials by Email to: email@example.com and copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for the submission is Monday, 23/11/2020 at 3:00pm local time.
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
For further information and enquiries, please contact the above email or visit the CSC Office during the working hours.