Civil Service Commission
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Civil Service Strengthening Project – (CSSP)
Assignment: Talent Management Program
The Somaliland Civil Service Strengthening Project (SCSSP) is an Investment Project Financing (IPF) with an element of result-based financing. The TMP will provide targeted MDA with a cadre of managerial and professional staff to strengthen core functional capacities. Expected outcomes from the TMP are first, improved leadership and management in the civil service; second, the formulation of key government strategies, policies, and regulations; third, improved HRM and organization design capabilities; and fourth, the development of basic functionalities in the areas of M&E and project oversight.
An important feature of the program is that it will be linked to ministry reform efforts: access to the TMP will depend upon the achievement of key reform benchmarks in the reorganization process. These access criteria are identical with the DLI indicators for the disbursement of the results-based financing portion.
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR HEAD OF HRMIS
|1. Job Title||Head of HRMIS|
|2. Department||Department of Recruitment, Selection and Promotion|
|3. Assignment Location||Hargeisa, Civil Service Commission|
|4. Grade Level||Stream A, Level 3, Step 1|
|5. Reporting To||Director of Recruitment, Selection and Promotion|
|6. Supervisory Responsibility||Head of HRMIS will be responsible for the staff within the IT Section|
|7. Job Purpose||Head of HRMIS database management is the functional Head of the Section. He/ she is responsible for the overall technical, administrative and management of the section. The incumbent is a career senior civil servant appointed through a competitive process and is responsible for providing leadership and vision for achieving goals of the IT Section. He/ She shall be responsible for providing technical and professional support to the Director IT|
|8. Objectives of the Job||data input, retrieval, protect, maintain and secure data within the ministry of finance servers|
9. Duties and Responsibilities
|Head of HRMIS will be responsible for:-
· Install and maintain the performance of database servers.
· Develop processes for optimizing database security.
· Set and maintain database standards.
· Manage database access.
· Performance tuning of database systems.
· Install, upgrade, and manage database applications.
· Diagnose and troubleshoot database errors.
· maintain data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Act
· write database documentation, including data standards, procedures, and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata)
· Recommend and implement emerging database technologies.
· Create and manage database reports, visualizations, and dashboards.
· Create automation for repeating database tasks.
· Be available for on-call support as needed.
· Manage the security and disaster recovery aspects of a database.
· communicate regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security
|10. Deliverables||Head of HRMIS will be responsible for the following deliverables: –
· Extracting or loading data
· Setting up cybersecurity measures
· Ensure all hardware and software are updated
· Technical quality assurance processes and procedures reports
· Accredited internal and external industry quality standards and regulations.
· database policies and strategies ;
· database maintenance reports
· database security systems
· Database and system integrity, security, backup, reliability and performance reports
· Guidelines on preventive maintenance of backups, recovery procedures and enforcing security and integrity controls
· Database systems and upgrades,
· Monitoring and evaluation reports
· Quarterly progress reports
|12. Experience||Minimum of three years of experience in database administration, information technology, database of which must have been at the senior management level in the public service|
|13. Skills Mix Requirements||
|14: Competency Requirements||· Prepares plans with clear short and long term objectives
· Focuses on outcomes
· Involves people in decision- making
· Communicates effectively
· Thinks strategically
· Gives objective advice based on sound analysis
· Functions effectively in a team of professionals
The Civil Service Commission now invites interested candidates to submit CSC Application Form (in Somali), application letters along with CVs and copies of their certificates/credentials by Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy to email@example.com
Deadline for the submission is Monday, 23/11/2020 at 3:00pm local time.
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
For further information and enquiries, please contact the above email or visit the CSC Office during the working hours.