Ministry of Finance
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Civil Service Strengthening Project – (CSSP)
Assignment: Talent Management Program
The Somaliland Civil Service Strengthening Project (SCSSP) is an Investment Project Financing (IPF) with an element of result-based financing. The TMP will provide targeted MDA with a cadre of managerial and professional staff to strengthen core functional capacities. Expected outcomes from the TMP are first, improved leadership and management in the civil service; second, the formulation of key government strategies, policies, and regulations; third, improved HRM and organization design capabilities; and fourth, the development of basic functionalities in the areas of M&E and project oversight.
An important feature of the program is that it will be linked to ministry reform efforts: access to the TMP will depend upon the achievement of key reform benchmarks in the reorganization process. These access criteria are identical with the DLI indicators for the disbursement of the results-based financing portion.
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR HEAD OF APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT
|1. Job Title||Head of Application Development|
|2. Department||Department of SLFMIS|
|3. Assignment Location||Hargeisa, Ministry of Finance|
|4. Grade Level||Stream A, Level 3, Step 1|
|5. Reporting To||Director of SLFMIS|
|6. Supervisory Responsibility||Head of App Development will be responsible for the staff within the App Development section|
|7. Job Purpose||Head of app development is the functional Head of the Section. He/ she is responsible for the overall technical, administrative and management of the section. The incumbent is a career senior civil servant appointed through a competitive process and is responsible for providing leadership and vision for achieving goals of the IT Section. He/ She shall be responsible for providing technical and professional support to the Director Finance and Administration|
|8. Objectives of the Job||Develop new apps for the requirement of ministry of finance and also maintain existing apps for the ministry.|
9. Duties and Responsibilities
|Head of app development will be responsible for:-
· Code and test programming for software and mobile apps.
· Develop and deploy computer applications.
· Execute code builds to test and production environments.
· Fix bugs in existing code.
· Collaborate with product, design, and marketing teams.
· Maintain documentation per company standards.
· Provide testing, documentation, training, and support for third-party software products.
· Resolve user-submitted problems and questions.
|10. Deliverables||Head of app development will be responsible for the following deliverables:-
· App development
· App maintenance
· Application upgrades and security protocols
· Technical quality assurance processes and procedures reports
· Accredited internal and external industry quality standards and regulations.
· Mobile application policies and strategies ;
· Monitoring and evaluation reports
· Quarterly progress reports
|11. Education||· Bachelor’s / Master Degree in Computer Science, ICT or a related field
· One to three years of experience in software development
· Proven experience with OOP languages (Java, C++, VB.NET, C#)
· Worked with Reporting & Dashboards tools including (Crystal Reports, PowerPI)
· Direct experience with Agile software development methodologies a plus
· Well known database technologies, (SQL, SQL Server, Mango DB)
· Experience with Source Control (Git or TFS)
|12. Experience||3-5 experience preferred, proven record of developing apps, updating, troubleshooting. experience and understanding of the public sector would be an advantage|
|13. Skills Mix Requirements||· Understanding of object-oriented software engineering
· Track record of successful application development
· Ability to write clean, well-documented code
· Excellent complex problem solving and critical thinking skills
· Working knowledge of SQL and Microsoft SQL Server
· Solid troubleshooting and communication skills
· Experience using Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Visio)
· Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking abilities
· Analysis of user requirement and translating to applications performing the specified requirements
· Experience working on a variety of software development projects.
· writing documentation and operating manuals
· Report writing
· Monitoring and evaluation
· Excellent oral and written English and Somali languages
|14: Competency Requirements||· Prepares plans with clear short and long term objectives
· Focuses on outcomes
· Involves people in decision- making
· Communicates effectively
· Thinks strategically
· Gives objective advice based on sound analysis
· Functions effectively in a team of professionals
The Civil Service Commission now invites interested candidates to submit CSC Application Form (in Somali), application letters along with CVs and copies of their certificates/credentials by Email to: email@example.com and copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for the submission is Monday, 23/11/2020 at 3:00pm local time.
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
For further information and enquiries, please contact the above email or visit the CSC Office during the working hours.