Civil Service Commission
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Civil Service Strengthening Project – (CSSP)
Assignment: Talent Management Program
The Somaliland Civil Service Strengthening Project (SCSSP) is an Investment Project Financing (IPF) with an element of result-based financing. The TMP will provide targeted MDA with a cadre of managerial and professional staff to strengthen core functional capacities. Expected outcomes from the TMP are first, improved leadership and management in the civil service; second, the formulation of key government strategies, policies, and regulations; third, improved HRM and organization design capabilities; and fourth, the development of basic functionalities in the areas of M&E and project oversight.
An important feature of the program is that it will be linked to ministry reform efforts: access to the TMP will depend upon the achievement of key reform benchmarks in the reorganization process. These access criteria are identical with the DLI indicators for the disbursement of the results-based financing portion.
JOB DESCRIPTION OF DIRECTOR OF PENSION
|1. Job Title||Director of Pension|
|2. Department||Department of Pension|
|3. Assignment Location||Hargesia, Civil Service Commission|
|4. Grade Level||Stream A, Level 2 Step 1|
|5. Reporting To||The Chairman of Civil Service Commission|
|6. Supervisory Responsibility||The Director of Pension will be directly responsible for the supervision of Heads of Sections of the department|
|7. Job Purpose||The Director of Pension is the functional Head of the Department. He/ she is responsible for the overall technical, administrative and management of the Department. The incumbent is a career senior civil servant appointed through a competitive process and is responsible for providing leadership and vision for achieving goals of the Department. He/ She shall be responsible for providing technical and professional support to the Chairman|
|8. Objectives of the Job||Director of Pension is to ensure:
· The most recent employee data is used especially in order to calculate payments to retire pensionable age employees, and projections of the costs of the proposed pension policy
· Collate data from the Civil Service Management Information System (CSMIS)/HRMIS and payroll systems to ensure accurate salary payments capture
· Analysis of information/data and recommended solutions is done independently
· Findings are appropriately documented
· Solutions are validated by government
· Technical support is provided to the government team and assigned civil servants by way of deliberate transfer of skills, knowledge and technology through training, conference and sharing of knowledge.
|9. Duties and Responsibilities||The Director of Pension is responsible:
· Support the pension policy and bill approval process
· making sure that pension schemes are effective and meet agreed quality, performance and customer care standards
· Support the implementation plan for the pension scheme…
· resolving complex or controversial individual Pension claims
· Making recommendations to clients and Members of MDAs…
· improving schemes in response to feedback from members
· Attending meetings with CSC/PCU, MESAF, MoF&DF and the World Bank
· Ensuring compliance with current statutory legislation and regulations
· Writing annual/financial reports
· Managing IT-based pension administration systems.
|10. Deliverables||The Director of Pension will be responsible for the production of the following deliverables:
· Work plan and inception report of the assignment
· Detailed action plan and roadmap for implementation of the pension policy and Pension Bill.
· Revised the Pension Policy and the Bill by including analysis for fiscal implication and means of addressing them.
· Drafted data for army pension scheme
|11. Education||· Master’s degree preferably in Public Administration, Policy Development, Legal and, or closely related field.
· Demonstrated experience in Pension policy development and management
· Demonstrated experience working with governments
· Demonstrated experience in the management of pension information management systems in both the public or private sectors
· Specialization in Administrative /Industrial Law or Labor Economy will be an advantage
· Demonstrated ability in excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to build consensus and good judgment in a non-prejudicial manner especially in dealing with politically sensitive issues.
|12. Experience||Ten (5) years of specific experience in providing human resource management advice to governments and private sector organizations with specific focus on the area of developing public sector pension systems.|
|13. Skills Mix Requirements||
|14: Competency Requirements||
The Civil Service Commission now invites interested candidates to submit CSC Application Form (in Somali), application letters along with CVs and copies of their certificates/credentials by Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy to email@example.com
Deadline for the submission is Monday, 23/11/2020 at 3:00pm local time.
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
For further information and enquiries, please contact the above email or visit the CSC Office during the working hours.