REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Civil Service Strengthening Project – (CSSP)
Assignment: Talent Management Program
The Somaliland Civil Service Strengthening Project (SCSSP) is an Investment Project Financing (IPF) with an element of result-based financing. The TMP will provide targeted MDA with a cadre of managerial and professional staff to strengthen core functional capacities. Expected outcomes from the TMP are first, improved leadership and management in the civil service; second, the formulation of key government strategies, policies, and regulations; third, improved HRM and organization design capabilities; and fourth, the development of basic functionalities in the areas of M&E and project oversight.
An important feature of the program is that it will be linked to ministry reform efforts: access to the TMP will depend upon the achievement of key reform benchmarks in the reorganization process. These access criteria are identical with the DLI indicators for the disbursement of the results-based financing portion.
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR DIRECTOR OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
|1. Job Title||Director of Information Technology|
|2. Department||IT Audit Department|
|3. Assignment Location||Hargeisa, National Audit Office|
|4. Grade Level||Stream A, Level 2, Step 1|
|5. Reporting To||Auditor General|
|6. Supervisory Responsibility||The Director IT will be responsible for the staff within the IT Audit Department|
|7. Job Purpose||The Director Information and Technology is the director of the ICT Department. He/ she is responsible for the overall technical, administrative and management of the section. The incumbent is a career senior civil servant appointed through a competitive process and is responsible for providing leadership and vision for achieving goals of the IT Section. He/ She shall be responsible for providing technical and professional support to the Director Finance and Administration|
|8. Objectives of the Job||
· Provide effective leadership, enabling the Department to improve performance of its functions and achieve set results
· Coordinating the development and implementation of Information and Technology
9. Duties and Responsibilities
|The Director Information and Technology Auditing will be responsible for:-
· Examining internal IT controls, evaluate the design and operational effectiveness, determine exposure to risk and develop remediation strategies in public entities.
· Conducting efficient and effective IT audit procedures.
· Communicating complex technical issues in simplified terms to the relevant staff during IT audits.
· Performing regular audit testing and provide recommendations.
· Reviewing, evaluating, and testing application controls.
· Reviewing, evaluating, and testing general controls.
· Providing recommendations and guidance on identified security and control risks.
· Recommending the appropriate Computer Assisted Audit Tool for use in the Office of the Auditor General.
· Ensuring implementation of and use of the recommended CAAT for the conduct of audits in the Office.
· Training staff on the use of CAAT and how to conduct IT audits; and
· Planning, supervising, and managing the conduct of information technology audits in the Office of the Auditor General.
For management of Office information technology infrastructure:
· Troubleshooting security and network problems.
· Responding to all system and/or network security breaches.
· Maintaining an updating office website.
· Planning, implementing, monitoring and upgrade security measures for the protection of the organization’s data, systems, and networks.
· Participating in the change management process.
· Testing and identifying network and system vulnerabilities, and create counteractive strategies to protect the network.;
· Acting as the Office help desk to troubleshoot all information technology related issues reported by the Office staff.
· Conducting training on IT security features
|10. Deliverables||The Director of Information and Technology will be responsible for the following deliverables:-
· ICT annual work plan and budget
· ICT needs of the CIM beneficiary Ministries, Agencies and Departments
· Database covering overall business operations and activities
· Technical quality assurance processes and procedures reports
· Accredited internal and external industry quality standards and regulations.
· Report on ICT needs and required ICT applications ;
· ICT policies and strategies ;
· ICT resources and the provision of user training manual
· ICT maintenance reports
· ICT security systems
· ICT purchase orders, negotiation reports and contracts.
· On the job training, coaching and mentoring programmes.
· Database and system integrity, security, backup, reliability and performance reports
· Guidelines on preventive maintenance of backups, recovery procedures and enforcing security and integrity controls
· Database systems and upgrades,
· Monitoring and evaluation reports
Quarterly progress reports
|11. Education||· A degree in Information Technology/Computer Information Systems or related.
· Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) (essential).
· Certificate in International Public Sector Accounting Standards [IPSAS] would be an added advantage.
· Diploma in Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy would be an added advantage.
· A degree in accounting, finance, commerce, or related field would be an added advantage.
|13. Skills Mix Requirements||· Knowledge of ICT systems development and various software application
· Strategic planning and benchmarking
· Blend of analytical, observational, organizational and networking skills
· Problem- solving techniques
· Team building and management
· ICT skills
· Report writing
· Monitoring and evaluation
· Excellent oral and written English and Somali languages
|14: Competency Requirements||· Prepares plans with clear short and long term objectives
· Focuses on outcomes
· Involves people in decision- making
· Communicates effectively
· Thinks strategically
· Gives objective advice based on sound analysis
· Functions effectively in a team of professionals
The Civil Service Commission now invites interested candidates to submit CSC Application Form (in Somali), application letters along with CVs and copies of their certificates/credentials by Email to: email@example.com and copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for the submission is Monday, 23/11/2020 at 3:00pm local time.
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
For further information and enquiries, please contact the above email or visit the CSC Office during the working hours.